Word Family Fun



This week we made 2 word families craftivities. We made Abraham Lincoln with an "at" family label on his hat. I attached a plain piece of paper under the words and the children wrote the beginning sound of an "at" family word on the top sheet and drew a picture of the word on the bottom page.
The second project was a popcorn box with popcorn pieces popping out with "op" family words. The popcorn box was made by making a triangle on red construction paper and cutting off the point.

I love to do these type of activities in literacy centers! They are fun and educational! If you would like the directions for these two activities, click here.
BTW.... I am not taking credit for either of these ideas! They are just cute ideas in which I added my own touches!

2 comments

  1. I love your blog! It is adorable!

    Thank you for sharing!

    I am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete