menu   Home Religion About Me  

Farms, Flowers, Birds, Five For Friday, and Oh yes.... my quilts!

Woo hoo! It's Friday! We are in countdown mode in my classroom! I think my little ones are just as ready as I am for a break and it will be here in just a few weeks!

My post today is going to be a hodge podge of things; which is exactly how my week has been!

1.  We are just finishing up our Farm unit. We still are not quite done, but should be by Monday. Last week, we discussed corn, soybeans, and wheat crops. This week we discussed cows, chickens, and sheep.



2.  My son and I had the opportunity to watch 3 little wrens learn to fly this week! They were sitting on our porch ledge and their parents were in the tree coaching them along. The furthest one away was the first to fly and the one closest was the last to take flight. So much fun to watch!

3.  We also finished up our butterfly unit this week. I THINK I got this book from TLC lessons..... "The Caterpillar Song" .  I love this sooooo much better than cutting and pasting pre-drawn pictures to show the life cycle of a butterfly!




4.  My students have been giving me some really, really nice flowers...... Isn't this a pretty potted plant?

The plant below is the one my class gave me last year...  I kept it alive over the winter and it now has a gorgeous bloom on it! Hurray!


5.  I really, really, really want to start quilting again this summer! I started a quilt 5 years ago and I STILL have not finished it! I am NOT a professional, but there is something about sewing that brings me peace. Here are some pictures of the UNFINISHED pieces. Maybe if I post pictures, it will inspire me to finish them??




And finally, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and this time BEFORE 6:00 p.m. CST Hurray!


Have a wonderful week!

Until next time!!

Blessings,
Cindy

8 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready to get back into the swing of quilting, too. I'd love to write a quilting unit for teachers but just don't know if/when I'll get around to it...lol!
    Ashley
    Just Reed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know! I have tried doing paper quilts with my kinders and they have been cute, but wish I could come up with a way to do them with fabric! Let me know if you come up with something! :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Doodle Bug's Linky and am your newest follower! Your farm book is super cute!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sara! I love the Doodle Bug linky! I have found so many interesting and fun blogs! So happy you felt my little blog was worthy of following!

    Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the butterfly poem and the collage along with it is so cute.
    I popped over to visit from the linky party and I'm your newest follower. :)
    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your farm book and butterfly poem are so cute! I can't believe you kept that plant alive all winter. I live in South Florida where the plants don't have to really worry about winter and I still can't keep them alive! Oh man! I need some lessons! :)
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! I LOVE, LOVE Florida! If my husband wasn't a corn and beans farmer, I would move there in a minute! Thanks for the comment!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your farm book is adorable! I totally need to do something like that with my little ones.

    I'm your newest follower, drop by. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Facebook