Five For Friday - Yay!

Hello Friends!

Wow... Here I am writing TWO posts in less than 24 hours! I usually do not do that, but I haven't linked up with Doodle Bugs for awhile and thought I would do it again this week! So here I go.....

1.  I put up the School Garden signs this morning that my sweet Brownies painted. They look fabulous! I used outdoor blank signs from Lowes and the kiddos painted them with acrylic paints. I sprayed the front and the back of the signs with 2 heavy coats of acrylic gloss and it is with bated breath I wait to see if this works after a summer of our Illinois heat and rain!






HERE is the link to my post about the reason we painted these signs the way we did! 


2.  I am preparing for a trip to visit my brother in San Francisco. It has been 10 years since I have been to this beautiful city, but my heart has not left! I cannot wait to breathe the air and take in the ocean view! This is me 10 years ago with my son, Will, who is now 6'2" tall!


3. I am taking part in TWO book studies this summer! One is on the book "Talking, Drawing, Writing" which I have already started and am getting some great ideas for teaching beginning writing. The other is "The Next Step in Guided Reading" by Jan Richardson. Click the images to go to the hosts of these book studies!



 And.....here is another summer book study that I just found!


4. Part of the reason I am participating in these book studies is because I will be having surgery done on my foot in July (Boo hoo!) and I will be forced to stay inside... ugh.... I am not an "inside" person; especially in the summer, so I am thinking of ways to keep me busy during my "forced imprisonment!" Leave me a comment if you can give me some great reads for my Kindle this summer!:)
And, I am also hoping that I can get some work done on those quilt tops that I started SO long ago!!




5.  I have been working on new resources. The one that is ALMOST finished is "Four Fabulous Apple Literacy Centers for Word Work". It is sooo close to being finished. I just have to get it proofed and when I upload it to TPT, I will add the link! I am also busily working on revisions for some of my older resources and when they are finished, I will add the link here, too!




Until next time!

Blessings,
Cindy

6 comments

  1. Cindy,
    LOVE your blog! Your quilt is gorgeous and I adore those signs for the garden. :) Have a fun trip- and so sorry about your foot surgery. :( I'd love you to stop over and follow me if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn!
    Thanks for stopping by! I did hop over to your blog and your kiddos looked like they had a fun time on the last day of school!

    Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt blocks. I got a D in 8th grade sewing so I've never attempted quilting but admire anyone with the patience . your book study with writing sounds appealing to me. I will check the book out! Thank you for a great post. I live on the west coast and SF too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha! Sandy! I loved sewing, but got a D in Algebra my sophomore year! Thank you for commenting and I am looking forward to my trip out West!

    Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, sorry about your foot. An oldie but a goodie is Eat, Ptay, Love. If you like light hearted books that make you laugh out loud, then check out Sophie Kinsella's books. Since you will be out of commission, please check out my blog, Kindergartendoodles.blogspot.com & feel free to follow! :-).
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thank you for the recommendation! I love books that make me laugh! I definitely will be checking out your blog!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete