Wintry Projects, bulletin boards, and bracing for another Polar Freeze!

Hello Friends!

We had a most beautiful day this past Monday. Our kindergarten team rotates Monday recess duty and I am so happy when it is NOT my Monday for duty. But this Monday DID happen to be my day and it was delightful! The sun was out. The air was above 40 degrees. The kids were filled with joy to be outside! But as with all good things, this beautiful weather passed and we are presently awaiting another polar FREEZE.... sigh..... That groundhog better not see his shadow on February 2!

I DO enjoy Winter projects, though! Snowflakes and chilly colors are some of my favorites. Here is my door and my religion bulletin board. (These are not my original ideas!)

On the final day of our "What Do Animals Do in the Winter?" unit, we discussed what people do in the winter. We talked about warm clothes and fun in the snow and then the kids created these cute mixed media posters.



Here is how we made them:
1.  Cut a hill shape from construction paper. Glue to the bottom of the page. This is the body.
2.  Cut a paper circle from skin colored paper. Glue the head to the top of the body.
3.  Cut 2 rectangles from scrapbook paper. Glue under the chin to create a scarf.
4.  Draw a winter hat shape onto the top of the head using pencil.
5.  Use crayons to draw a face UNDER the hat shape. 
6.  Paint the hat with bright colors.
7.  Finger paint snowflakes with shaving cream.
8.  Sprinkle with diamond dust glitter.
















Here  is another wintry project that we did this week. My kiddos made this sweet snowman based on THIS  CUTE TPT freebie. I added a writing addition to it that you can grab HERE if you wish.


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snowman-Craft-Freebie-984326









So that is it for now! Have a happy and healthy weekend! Oh by the way, my friend and I joined Curves yesterday. We were members over 3 years ago and then we stopped going for "who knows for what reason!" It felt good to take this step towards good health!

Until next time!

Blessings,
Cindy

1 comment

  1. Love your winter people! They turned out so cute!! I am sure the kiddos had a great time making them too!
    Kelly and Kim’s Kindergarten Kreations

    ReplyDelete