Yes, it's me - finally I am writing a post! It has just been CRAZY this past month.... and now, I have a a couple months to breathe and re-boot! Our last day of school was Tuesday and I am still in "gotta get it done now" mode! It always takes me a few weeks to remember that I don't HAVE to get it done on the weekend....... hopefully this will hit me soon!
I started thinking about what I wanted to accomplish this summer and thought that I would create my Summer Bucket list here while also linking with Five For Friday.
1. Keep my EIGHT flower beds under control - EEK! I LOVE to garden, so this is not a hardship for me except that with 8 flower beds, I cannot work on all of them on the same day. It is not hard work, though, because I have perennials. Every summer, they wait patiently for me to finish school and then when I have time to weed and thin, they pop their pretty faces out and welcome me back!
The poinsettia in the pot is 2 years old and bloomed this Winter! It still has some red leaves!
2. Revive my fish aquarium. This is a 20 gallon tank and I was going to put in a garage sale, but after re-thinking it, I am going to set it up again. I have had fish since I was 13 years old! This is a hobby that I am not ready to give up yet! Presently, it is sitting in the sun in my back yard...
3. Take this poor Silhouette off the shelf and LEARN how to use it - gheesh.....
4. Read everyday! My class gave me an Amazon gift card that I used to buy a Kindle Paperwhite. My old Kindle was accidentally broken and I have missed it so much! It came today and I am charging it up now!
5. Eat healthy, exercise everyday or at least Monday - Friday, and try to release anxiety that is always there during the school year. I love my job, but I NEED these few months to re-fuel. I stopped at school this afternoon to get something that I had forgotten and everything was already moved out! Seeing all my classroom piled into the hallway and an empty room made me think that I needed to break away for awhile; it will be there in August, right?
I also will be working on more units this summer. I am giving myself a week before I start on them. I am not attending the TPT conference in Las Vegas this summer; it just isn't going to work out for me. I feel sad because I would love to meet some of the awesome people who write for TPT. But there will be other times and I can live vicariously with them through their blogs and Facebook posts!
I am participating in another Bright Ideas Linky which is scheduled for June 21. That should be fun! I love all the ideas in this linky!
Make sure you visit Doodle Bugs Teaching and read some fun Five For Friday ideas!
Until next time!