U is For Umbrella, Meeting Pete from Harry Kindergarten, Word Families Fun, Space unit, and Five For Friday!

Hello Friends!
Wow... I just looked at the date on my last blog post and it said March 1st! No way has that much time passed since I last wrote, but... alas...... that is the truth...... I am not sure about you, but I have found that once March comes, the remainder of the school year starts to speed up and before you know it, it is MAY and time to start end of year planning...... SLOW Down, March! There's so much I still need to get done before you disappear!!!

I am joining my friend, Kacy, from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five For Friday! Yay!

1. It was a rainy day today and what better way to spend some time in kindergarten than to make "U is for Umbrella" pictures! Seriously... for as simple as this project was, could these pictures be any cuter? Love the details these sweeties added on their pages! (The pages are white, by the way! Not sure why they look so yellow here!)



2. One thing that kept me from writing is the fact that my colleagues and I attended the Illinois State Kindergarten conference in Schaumburg. We are so lucky to be able to attend this awesome conference every ever year. Some really amazing teacher bloggers present there and we are blessed to be able to learn from them..... Kim Adsit, Kathy Griffin, Deedee Wills, Donna Boucher from Math Coaches Corner, and Harry Kindergarten. Here is a not-so-good picture of me with Pete Harry after his presentation. If you have not heard of him (and I am not sure of ANY kindergarten teacher who has NOT!), you just have to check out his videos. They are ah-mazing! And Mr. Harry is a wonderful, wonderful, inspirational speaker! If you get a chance to see him in person, go for it! HERE is the link to his website:

3.  This is the time of year when my kiddos absolutely understand word families and rhyming. In fact, I assessed them this week and every single one of my kinders could give me a word that rhymed with another word. Woo hoo! And they LOVE Dr. Seuss words. We read so many fun Seuss books and then we take the books and create Word Family projects. This is a favorite after reading "The Cat in the Hat." As a TPT seller, I am not supposed to showcase Seuss activities, so I guess I am putting myself on the line by sharing this picture, but it seems so silly to not be able to share all the fun ways that we celebrate Seuss; especially since this is just an image and there is nothing to download and there is nothing for sale..... We shall see..... gulp.........



4.  Here is a March word family project.... A pot of gold with POT OF GOLD WORDS..... I love how this looks hanging in the hallway.... too bad my camera can not give you the full effect of how cute these are!


5.  We finished our Earth and Space unit this week. I really, really like the way the finished product of their Space books look BUT they do take some time! All the pages are made from black construction paper and the kids create their illustrations from construction paper. The little astronaut is attached with a piece of yarn from the front cover to the back cover so that he/she can "fly" through all the pages as they are read!


 You can find my Space Book for Little Kids by clicking the image below.....

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Space-For-Little-Kids-Lets-Make-a-Book-564641

Hop on over to Kacey's blog for her amazing Five for Friday link up!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2015/03/five-for-friday-linky-party-march-13th.html

Until next time, my friends!

Blessings,

2 comments

  1. The Pots of Gold word families are wonderful! I love to hang things from my ceiling so I'll definitely try that activity with my class!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they are super easy, Donna! Just find a pot to trace onto black paper, glue paper strips to the bottom and use white crayon or oil crayons to write the words! Super, super easy, cute, and educational!

    Thanks for commenting!

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete