Mother's Day, a couple of STEM activities, oviparous animals, and FIVE FOR FRIDAY!

Hello Friends!

I am linking with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday - once again VERY late, but.... it is STILL Friday!

1.  Seriously..... Could this Mother's Day picture be any cuter? We "planted" all our kinders in a pot, created this HUGE sunflower hat, added a cute border and words and HURRAY, a Mother's Day keepsake!


2. And speaking of "Wow ".... Could this tree be any more beautiful? I don't think I have EVER seen it so FULL of blossoms!



3.  This came in the mail today.... I CANNOT wait to try it! Stay tuned for a review of this awesome planner by April from A Modern Teacher!




4.  I just recently started using STEM activities with my students. I WISH I had started them at the beginning of the year..... My students LOVE everything about STEM. I am going to use the summer to plan activities for next year's class. Here are some picture of the great "Cup Wall Challenge." They had a ball with creating walls from cups. These are just 2 of the different varieties that were created.



We did this "rain" experiment after learning about the water cycle. Honestly, I could read FIFTY books about the water cycle, but until they actually could SEE how clouds hold rain until they get so heavy, rain falls, the knowledge just does not set in their brains like it does with this simple activity.


5. We finished our Oviparous Animal unit this week. We have chicks warming in our classroom incubator and caterpillars turning into a chrysalis. Next week things will be lively in our room!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Oviparous-Animals-Lets-Make-a-Book-Science-and-Literacy-Pack-227430

So that's it for now! Make sure you head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2015/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-8th.html


Until next time!

Blessings,

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness your Mother's Day pictures look ADORABLE!! Love them!! STEM activities are definitely a lot of fun! Looks like your students had fun with their STEM challenge! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mother's Day picture is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete