Gingerbread Friends Easy project and Freebie.... Merry Christmas!

Hello Friends,
I am one of the lucky ones who have the next two weeks off. I know, though, that some of you will be working this next week. I thought that I would share with you an easy and cute project that can be linked to the Common Core Standards as well as be fun for your students!

 We read 4 gingerbread stories which took a couple of days, BUT it was fun to announce that we were taking "A Gingerbread break" and then the kids stopped what they were doing and came over to listen to one of the stories! When the stories were all finished, we discussed the similarities and differences between the four stories as well as define the character in each one. We looked at the illustrations in each book and talked about the way illustrators create.

The four stories we read were: The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Girl, The Gingerbread Pirates, and Gingerbread Baby.

The children chose their favorite gingerbread character, created it from paper, and then wrote about it. (I actually cut out the gingerbread shape from brown construction paper and they glued it upon their paper.) They used construction paper and oil crayons to decorate. I love how they are working so hard to construct sentences; some have taken off and others are still struggling BUT they ALL are trying hard and I LOVE that!












 If you would like to do this gingerbread project with your students, you can find it free by clicking HERE.


So.... that's it for awhile, my friends.... I will be taking a short break from my blog as I enjoy this special time with my family. I wish you all happiness and health for the coming year! I will be back soon!



Until next time!

Blessings,


1 comment

  1. The gingerbread men are so stinking cute!! I have the next two weeks off too!! YAY!! I hope that you enjoy your time off!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Mrs.Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete