Kid's Art Calendar - not handprints




Hello Friends,
We have been making handprint calendars as a gift for the parents of our kiddos for many years. They are really, really cute.... BUT....... painting the hands of an ENTIRE classroom takes a ton of time.... So...... I decided to come up with a way to still do the calendar, but in a way that my students can do independently with no paint.....

Now..... there is no way AT ALL that my kiddos could have done these pages independently even a month ago. But, they have been following step-by-step directions since school started and have become pretty confident at following them by themselves. So........ this is what I came up with.... they are doing pretty good, so far..... ☺

The background paper is 8 1/2" x 11" construction paper. I gave my students card stock "tracers" to ensure that the shapes were large enough to fill the paper. They used oil crayons to add details (for every month but January.)  All months were made from construction paper.













Until next time,

Blessings,