Looking for an easy Advent wreath for your kids to make?

Hello Friends,

 (I am revising this post since doing it with my kiddos.... A few suggestions I have.... first of all, it took a LONG time for my kiddos to color all the candles. Next year, I am going to print the candles and the wreath base upon colored paper rather than have them color everything.  This will save TONS  of time... 😉)

Well.... as usual, once Thanksgiving is over, the time flies for the next 4 weeks. I always have so many plans for the Advent/Christmas season and it never fails, Christmas break is here and we have only completed a few of our projects!

One project that I like to do with my kiddos is the creation of an Advent wreath. I have tried many different styles; some I have even shared here on my blog. BUT.... the problem has always been that they are either too messy, too complicated, or take too long. So, this year, I am going to try one that does not involve paint or hot glue! I thought I would share it with you; just in case YOU are looking for something less messy this year, too....

SUPPLIES: (for each student)

1.  Chinette Classic White 10 3/8 inch dinner plate
2.  Templates (found HERE)  
Please note: This document is set for PUBLIC sharing. If you get a message asking me to share this document with you, you are probably trying to download from your school network. Try downloading it on your personal/home network. Many schools block downloads from outside their network.)

3.  Purple, pink, and green crayon, marker, or paint
4.  Glue
5.  Clear tape
6.  4 wooden craft sticks
7.  Green tissue paper (optional)

STEP 1:
Color the candle templates. They are all purple EXCEPT for JOY which is pink. Color the bottom under the dotted lines green.


 STEP 2:
Cut out the candles. Roll into a cylinder. Secure with clear tape.



STEP 3:
Cut on the vertical lines from the bottom to the dotted lines. Fold the tabs on the dotted lines.


STEP 4:
Color the circle template green. Cut out and glue to the bottom of the plate.


STEP 5:
Place glue onto the bottom of the tabs. Place the candle upon the circles. Continue this way until all candles have been attached to the plate.


STEP 6:
Color the holly leaves. Cut them out. Glue around the base of the candles.


STEP 7:
Color the candle flames. Cut out four flames and attach to a craft stick. The sticks are placed inside each candle. They can be added to a candle for each Sunday in Advent.


 STEP 8: (optional)
Add rolled up pieces of green tissue paper to the edge of the plate.


There you have it! A not VERY messy Advent wreath. It IS a little messy if you add the tissue paper to the edge, but I like the look of it, so the mess is worth it!

Happy Advent, my friends!

Until next time,