I am so excited about this new Search the Room game. It is editable and it is so cool! You simply type the words, numbers, shapes, or whatever you want to use on the game cards and they automatically appear on the recording sheet. Pretty cool, huh?
You can try it out in this freebie. Click the image to take you to my TPT store....
I thought I would link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. I am having such a wonderful teaching year and you would think that I would be taking photos, photos, photos, but I guess I am having so much fun that when I DO think about getting my camera, it's over! But I WAS able to get a few photos of our Five Senses week....
1. Here we are testing out our sense of hearing. We talked about how sound moves in waves, so each child took a turn laying on the floor while their classmates hopped around them. They found out that they could HEAR the jumping as well as feel the sound which was really cool!
2. This was another test of sound. We made telephones out of cups. My kiddos SAID that they could hear the other person through the cup, but I am not really sure they did. It DID give them an idea of how a telephone works... :)
3. We also tested our sense of smell and taste. The children closed their eyes while tasting and smelling and were amazed that they could tell what they were smelling and tasting without seeing it. For taste, they tasted pretzels, gummy bears, and carrots. For smell, they smelled lemon soap, cinnamon, and salad spices.
4. We also tested our sense of touch by feeling items inside socks. Sadly, I did NOT get photos of that BUT, we had a fun popcorn activity where the kids realized that they used EVERY sense while exploring. They could see it, hear it, touch it, smell it, and taste it! I have a little 5 senses resource in my store that they are working on in this photo.
5. Finally, I made major revisions in my FARM resource. If you have already purchased it, please re-download. If you are interested in it, click the photo below to take you to my store.
Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!
Please visit Five for Friday by clicking the image below.
1. I thought that I would share the finished product of our 2016 hallway display. We divided the hallway into 3 sections.... How can we show love in our school, our community, and the world.
We performed our circus to raise money for "God's Littlest Angels" orphanage in the country of Haiti.
That is how we helped the world!
2. Here is a writing display that the kids did for the hallway. They wrote about how they could love others in our school, our community, and the world. 3. We make these "I Love you This Much" measuring posters from Kim Adsit every year and every year, they continue to be adorable!
4. We started our US Symbols unit this week. I love how cute the illustrations for their "Let's Make a book" pages look! They are always so unique....
5. Finally, the kids made these cute Penguin posters. They painted the background, created the penguin from paper, and wrote about their penguin. They could write a fiction or non-fiction story. They turned out really cute. The idea was adapted and came from Sea Bear's Kindergarten .
This is 6 instead of 5, but..... look at this snack one of my kiddos' Mom made for our Valentine party. She cut EACH strawberry into a heart shape... Wow!
So, that's it for now, my friends... Until next time! Make sure you visit Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday!