Christmas Around the World Let's Make a Book - For Younger Children



Hello Friends,

Teaching kids about how the customs that we do at Christmas can be traced back to other countries is such a nice way to keep kids excited about Christmas, while at the same time harnessing the energy into a fun, but educational experience.

If you read my blog, you know that I like to have my kids create a paper book project that they illustrate, take home, and discuss what they learned with their families. My book has evolved over the years. I have added and revised much of the pages. Sometimes my students use a cut paper technique...


 and other times, we do directed drawing.


We always start with a suitcase talk that discusses what we need for a trip and what we would LIKE to have. I have a filled suitcase full of items such as pj's, a toothbrush, socks, a coin purse (this is always an interesting discussion because do KIDS really need money... hmmmmm......) , shoes... and I have also added items such as a chocolate candy bar, a toy, a book, and mittens... once again, another interesting discussion... Do we NEED those mittens? Well, it depends on our destination, right? And then we load up our suitcase, find our plane, and head off to our destinations!



Another thing I like to discuss are the flags of the world. It is nice for our kids to understand that each country of the world has a different flag.






If you would be interested in my Christmas Around the World resource, you can find it by clicking the image below.


Until next time!

Blessings,







No comments

Post a Comment