So, I am guessing that part of the reason that I am so tired is that my students and I made apple pie today! I do not have an aide and I made this decision late last night so there was no time to get a parent volunteer, so I was on my own with 17 sweet kinders!
Flaky biscuits - one for each child
Mini aluminum pans - one for each child
Apple pie filling
Plastic spoons - one for each child
A place to bake the pies
1. Separate the biscuit into 2 parts. Put one part on waxed paper. Set aside the other part.
2. Students use the palm of their hand to pound the biscuit. I tell them to use their palm; not their fist!
4. Children scoop pie filling into the pan using plastic spoons.
5. Using the set aside biscuit half, spread over the top of the pie filling.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 - 17 minutes.
I was lucky because I could use our church kitchen to bake the pies. But another alternative would be to use a toaster oven in your classroom. If you had helpers, you could ask them to take care of the baking which would be even better!
Until next time!
Peace and blessings,