menu   Home Religion About Me  

I AM WONDERFUL, Farm Fiesta, and End of Year Memory book and Letter to parents & students

Hello!
I was sooo excited when Debbie Clement asked a few of us if we would be willing to share her CD "I AM WONDERFUL" with our class! Of course, my answer was "YES!" and what fun we had with this song!

We practiced singing the song for about a week during our Morning Meeting. Debbie included 2 versions of the song; one with lyrics and the other instrumental only. We began with the lyrics and then when I felt my kiddos were ready, I played the instrumental version and they did fantastic! THEN..... when they were ABSOLUTELY wonderful, I videotaped them performing the song! This will be an end of year gift to their parents....... I uploaded the video on You Tube and will give their parents the private link to the song. They also created "I AM WONDERFUL!" portraits which will  be part of their parent gift. First they drew a hill shape for their body and then traced a circle upon skin colored paper. They added paper hair and used crayons to add their face. When this was complete, they used oil crayons to add details to their shirt. After that, they sponged painted around the middle of their paper. Finally, they wrote 2 things that they felt made them wonderful. Aren't these just the cutest? The link to Debbie's I AM WONDERFUL song can be found HERE.

















 We also finished our Farm unit on Monday and the kids made the cutest cover for their book!


We also had a Farm Fiesta at the conclusion of our Farm unit. I was sooo busy passing out food and describing what it was, that I did not have time to take a lot of pictures, but here are a few....



I was surprised that there were more kids who liked edamame than liked cheese!

I also thought that I would share the End of Year letter that I give my parents and my students. I found this on a website called Green Gables, but this website is no longer around which is REALLY sad because it was an awesome site! I make a Kindergarten scrapbook for each of my students and include these pages at the beginning and end of the book. Click HERE to download the letters.I did not give you the black/white version. They print nicely in grayscale, though!

Please note: If your school  does not allow you to download documents from outside your network, you will receive a message asking me share the doc with you. I will be unable to do this. You should be able to download it when you are home.




To create the inside pages, I use power point to create a simple border and clip art and then glue photographs upon the pages. I use a 3 hole punch to add the pages to a view binder. On the front cover, I add the child's name and cute clip art. Voila! Easy and cute Kindergarten scrapbook! Here are a few pages.......




Until next time! We have one more week to go.... I think I can, I think I can.....!!!!!

Blessings,
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. I love the end of the year teacher letter to the parents. Would you be making this available for download?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just uploaded it! I hope it is something that you will be able to use!

      Take care,
      Cindy

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for this letter! I am going to use it in my end of the year scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I am so happy that I could help!

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. Valerie Welk used that goodbye letter too. I loveit.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook