I am linking up with Five for Friday even though it is Saturday morning! Once again, time has gotten away from me...... geesh!
So here I go.....
1. We had our kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast yesterday. I was so, so proud of our kiddos! We take our kindergarten tables out into our shared hall and the ENTIRE kindergarten eats together. The kids made centerpieces and placemats earlier in the week to use for this day....The centerpiece was simply made from foam turkey shapes we purchased at Michaels. We hot glued them to a craft stick and the kids added a google eye and feathers. We pushed the craft stick into floral foam, put the foam into a basket, and added tissue paper around the foam.
The placemats were created from handprint turkeys upon construction paper. My kiddos glued their turkey upon 12" x 12" scrapbook paper. Our other kindergartens created a border from construction paper squares and glued them around the outside edge. We have 3 kindergartens, so we each used a different color of paper to make it easy for our kiddos to find their own placemat. All placemats were laminated, of course!
2. Our kiddos practice good manners while eating together as friends at our Feast. We have a KID FRIENDLY and allergy free menu: chicken nuggets, corn chips, bread and butter, apple slices and dip, apple juice, and ice cream. Yes, I know it it not the healthiest menu, but it is one that does not promote waste and the kids pretty much eat everything!
3. We made this cute turkey craftivity this week.
4. We also finished our Native American unit this week. The kids painted masks and made mud ponies (based on the picture book, THE MUD PONY by Caron Lee Cohen. Here are a few pictures of the process. I will try to add the finished product photos later!
5. In Math tubs this week, my kids played "Gobble, Gobble, Bump." It is just a Thanksgiving based BUMP game, but they love it and their subitizing and addition schools are practiced in a fun way.
You can find this game in my store for FREE! Just click the image below...
And finally, thank you God, for our blessings. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the day to day that we forget to think of all that really matters.... family, friends, health, and life! Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving!
Please visit all the amazing posts on the wonderful Five for Friday linky! Just click the link below!
Until next time!