So.... I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. I thought I would share a few activities that we did this week. You know those last few days when your kiddos are soooo ready to be done, but YOU still have to keep them going? Here are a couple of things that we did....
1. This subtraction project is a favorite of mine. I LOVE attaching paper and glue to core subjects and this is one that I have done often at this time of year. Since we just finished our Oviparous Animal unit, the kids have much knowledge of eggs AND since it is spring, the birds in our area are laying their eggs, so this was a perfect project to do this week. The directions were to create a nest, 3-6 paper eggs, and a "Mama" bird. They then had to decide how many eggs hatched in their nest and how many did not hatch. Here are few examples of what they came with.... (I have the templates for this craftivity FREE in my store which you can find HERE. )
2. Our chicks hatched this week!
I love this picture... Look at those little hands touching the box.... so cute!
3. Our Painted Lady Butterflies also hatched last week..... I am so glad that they hatched first because once the chicks arrived, the butterflies were not quite as fun......
4. Here is a REALLY cute butterfly collage sequencing book. There IS some prep with this project. The kids have to pre-paint their paper and it needs to have a day to dry. We read tons of Eric Carle books and notice his art. Then we discuss the life cycle of a butterfly and the kids create the stages with their painted paper. I absolutely LOVE the way these books look when they are finished!
5. Finally, we are working on our Ocean posters. I am not sure if we will be able to finish them all before the end of the year, but these seashore/tide pool posters look pretty cool!
Make sure you check out these super Five for Friday posts by clicking the image below!