menu   Home Religion About Me  

Another year gone.... Happy and Sad Feelings.....

Hello Friends,

1.  Well..... We had our last day yesterday. My classroom is all packed up and ready for summer cleaning. I have to say that the day was bittersweet. It was sweet because I now have time to get caught up with all those things that have been pushed to the bottom of my "to do" list. It is sweet because, although I really like writing lesson plans, it will be nice for awhile to NOT plan a day for a group of 5/6 year olds. It is sweet because I can get back in my garden and re-visit all my flower "friends". It is sweet because my brain has time to re-boot and I can walk away from standards and goals for awhile.


2. Another SWEET thing about the end of the year..... I had an awesome room parent who made me feel appreciated every day... Here is my end of year gift from my class... Everything in the bucket was orange. I kind of messed it up a bit when I was looking through it, but here are some of the items inside: orange slices candy, orange tic tacs, Reese's peanut butter cups, an orange gift card to Barnes & Noble, cute orange pinwheels, an orange scented candle, orange post it notes, orange straws, and kiwi orange gum....


3. I also received this precious gift... The children each decorated a wooden heart with markers. The hearts were glued to a picture frame. And.... yes.... I only had 12 kids this year... and yes..... I know that I am lucky..... and no..... this is not usual.....  :)


4.  I got this sweet idea from Katie Mense at Little Warriors. 

     Using wonderful clip art from Mel Lloyd From the Pond, I created an Avatar class picture. It was so much fun making it and a nice gift that the KIDS enjoyed as well as the parents!


5.  Finally.... the bitter part of the last day..... Saying good-bye to these little sweeties.  I saw them every week for 6 hours a day. We cried together. We laughed together. They learned from me, but I learned from them, too. The relationship that we had will never be quite the same. I am SO happy to send them on to first grade, but it does hurt my heart to see them go....... but.... that's part of teaching... the closing of a door in May and the opening of one in August.....

Take care,  my friends and make sure that you visit Doodle Bugs Teaching at Five for Friday!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2016/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-27th.html
Until next time,
Blessings,



14 comments:

  1. Those are such sweet gifts you received...and I love the avatar class photo idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! As I said, the Avatar idea was from Katie Mense.... What a cute one! :)

      Delete
  2. The avatar idea is absolutely adorable! I'll have to remember that for next year. :)

    www.thecorriganitenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should try it! It was fun to make.... and especially nice because I had to concentrate on each child and their special personalities...

      Delete
  3. I love the gifts!! Isn't it amazing the number of items she got that were orange? Great idea!! Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was an incredible room parent... I was truly blessed!

      Delete
  4. The end of school is always bittersweet, but it's nice to know you're appreciated. Take care and enjoy your start of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Every little "thank you" makes all the time and effort worth it!

      Enjoy your summer, too!

      Delete
  5. Yes, Cindy, I know that bittersweet feeling of saying goodbye, but with three weeks still to go I can honestly still say I am seriously jelly of you being out already :) Great gifts, btw. And no, I can't imagine classes of 12 kindergartners happen much anywhere! Take a big breath now and relax... and head on over to my HUE Animation Studio Giveway and see what I've been up to... and get in on it! Later... Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my HUE camera, Kathleen! What a fun giveaway! And hopefully those 3 weeks of yours will go by quickly!

      Take care,
      Cindy

      Delete
  6. Yes, Cindy, I know that bittersweet feeling of saying goodbye, but with three weeks still to go I can honestly still say I am seriously jelly of you being out already :) Great gifts, btw. And no, I can't imagine classes of 12 kindergartners happen much anywhere! Take a big breath now and relax... and head on over to my HUE Animation Studio Giveway and see what I've been up to... and get in on it! Later... Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little wooden hearts turned out super cute! And yes I love the avatar picture too! So creative. I hope you get some time to rest and reset this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful blog and this is such a lovely post! Isn't it wonderful to be appreciated! I enjoyed all your photos. Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda.... What a nice comment! We visited Montreal a LONG time ago and it is a lovely city.

      Take care and enjoy your summer!

      Delete

Facebook